Teaching Classes & Workshops
Book Hannah for dance schools, women’s events, community celebrations, and more
Dance from the Middle East and Beyond
- From Egypt to Afghanistan, dance in the Islamic world reflects its peoples’ rich and complex history. Students can experience movement and music from Morocco, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and beyond, learning about the expressive arts in these diverse cultural landscapes. Discussion topics include: role of dance in Muslim-majority countries, women’s rituals and indigenous healing, traditional folk and art music, Sufism and embodied mystical practices, and the history of belly dance.
- In addition to supporting health and well-being through the universally joyful dance and music experience, participants will gain a deeper appreciation for the artistic legacy and cultural contributions of both Arab and Iranian cultures. Workshops will be taught primarily through movement, emphasizing folkloric and social dance traditions. Movement vocabulary will be accessible to all ages and abilities. No previous dance training is required.
Workshop Intensives for Dance Schools
The following are available for booking:
- HAMSA: 5 Women’s Dances from the Middle East
- Flame of the Heart: Mystical Dance Traditions from the Middle East and Central Asia
- Drawing the Wind: Embodying the Exquisite World of Persian Dance
- Silk Road Journeys: An Introduction to the Dances of Central Asia
“Hannah Romanowsky is the Real Deal. A gorgeous woman and dancer in her own right. And she’s a gifted teacher, breaking down complex movements and responding clearly to questions. She’s a cultural diva, having traveled through many countries along the Silk Road and learned the mysteries, movements and dances. She loves sharing the wealth of what she knows.”
~ Leslie L.
“Besides being a beautiful, skilled and knowledgeable dancer, Hannah was an excellent teacher. She was organized in her method so that students learned steps and technique which were then incorporated into a choreography, we could take home with us and practice. Hannah was able to work with varied dance levels in the class and adjust as needed while maintaining the integrity of the dance genre and style. It was amazing to have learned 2 complete choreographies and learn so many new and wonderful movements. The class was a lot of fun, and Hannah made everyone feel at ease and able. I look forward to taking future workshops with her and seeing her perform.”
~ Saundra S.
“Hannah Romanowsky is one of the most knowledgeable dancers to study with on the dance circuit. Her desire to share her talent and vast understanding of world dance and culture makes her a must-have master instructor for any dancer to train with. And the best part about Hannah Romanowsky is there isn’t an ounce of diva in her!”
~ Rebecca D.
Workshops and Classes
Dance Schools and Programs: Hannah has been a guest teacher or faculty member at College of Marin, U.C. Berkeley, Marin School of the Arts, San Domenico College Preparatory, Sonoma Dance Conservatory, and more.
Self-Produced Programs: DanceVersity multi-cultural youth arts education program and Scheherazade School of Dance & Sacred Movement