Super Green Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup leeks finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced cone #1
- 3 stalks celery diced cone #3
- 1 small zucchini diced cone #
- 3/4 cup green beans trimmed and cut in thirds
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 3/4 – 2 tsp salt taste as you go
- 3/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups leafy greens of choice I used half kale, half spinach
- 2 15. oz cans garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan-style cheese grated (can sub with 2 tbsp nutritional yeast)
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Heat 7 Qt pot over medium heat
Add leeks and garlic and sauté about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add celery, zucchini, green beans and peas and stir. After a minute or two, add in cilantro, parsley, salt and pepper.
Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Place lid on and Reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, add in lemon juice, leafy greens and garbanzo beans and cook a few more minutes, until greens are wilted.
Meanwhile, add all herbed oil ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and well incorporated.
Serve soup with a drizzle of oil over top and enjoy!
You can use any green vegetables you have on hand. I used about 4 cups total (celery, zucchini, green beans and peas).