Sardine Salad Lettuce Wrap
Makes 2 servings
- • 1 can sardines, drained
- • 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- • 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard to taste
- • 1 Tbsp capers and/or chopped parsley
- • 1 Tbsp finely diced celery
- • 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice to taste
- • 1/8 tsp sea salt
- • Grind of black pepper
- • 4-6 lettuce leaves (romaine, endive or butter lettuce washed and dried
1. Combine all ingredients, except lettuce leaves, in a bowl.
2. Portion out an even amount onto the lettuce leaves.
3. Fold leaves around mixture and enjoy!
Sardines are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that keep our brains sharper as we get into middle age and beyond. They are also loaded with the brain-boosting vitamin B12, which may boost memory, ward off depression, and increase energy. There is a lot of niacin in sardines as well, and that may help us find more mental energy.
Lauren Sugarman, MS, LAc
Acupuncture & Functional Nutrition
Inner Healing Wisdom, Novato CA