Hannah currently offers weekly technique classes in San Rafael CA, and works with private clients in Marin County, north of San Francisco.
WEEKLY DANCE TECHNIQUE CLASS SCHEDULE
Tues 8-9pm – Shimmy, Shake, and Undulate! Belly Dance Technique & Choreography
Location: BodyVibe Studio 999 Andersen Dr, San Rafael, CA 94901
Culturally informative, joyful, and a good workout, Hannah’s heart-centered classes emphasize belly dance technique and introduce women’s regional dance stylings from Egypt, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iran, and more. Come be inspired by the rich heritages of these ancient lands in their contemporary expression, and connect to the Feminine while developing strong technique in a warm and supportive environment!
This class is Intermediate level and some dance training is recommended. Performance opportunities are available for those interested in joining the Ensemble.
May 2 – June 27 (9 weeks) ~ Tango Fusion Choreography (Performance opportunity 6/25)
July ~ No Classes
August 1 – Sept 26 (9 weeks) ~ Iraqi Dance Choreography – REGISTER HERE ($160, $200)
Oct 3 – Nov 28 (9 weeks) ~ 1970s Vintage Belly Dance Choreography (Performance opportunity 12/3) – REGISTER HERE ($160, $200)
$200 Series preregistration required for those participating in performance opportunity.
Class drop-in fee: $20
Series pre-registration strongly advised.
Sat 11am-12pm – Belly Dance Fusion Workout (all levels)
Location: Marin JCC San Rafael
Fee: $25 for day membership (pay at the desk)
Come enjoy an upbeat and energetic belly dance class with a wonderful group of women, learning core-strengthening movements to support a healthy, supple spine and improve posture and flexibility while enjoying the energizing music of North Africa and the Middle East. The class begins with a warm-up series followed by low-impact dance technique emphasizing beautiful belly dance isolations and an evolving repertoire of fun and feminine choreographed routines. Participants leave class feeling inspired and uplifted. Coin hip scarves and other regalia will be provided for enhanced enjoyment. Traditional and folkloric dances from the Middle East will be introduced. All levels welcome!
PRIVATE LESSONS available in San Rafael CA and via Skype
RATE: $75/hr, or $240 for 4 lessons
Ms Hannah Romanowsky is a beloved dance instructor and performing artist in the San Francisco bay area with nearly 20 years of teaching experience. Clients include:
- Professional and pre-professional dancers (SF Bay Area and abroad) interested in traditional and folkloric dance studies and choreography from the Middle East and Central Asia.
- Women seeking more ease, flow, and feminine grace through movement
- Elder women who find the gentle movements of belly dance help increase their range of motion and keep them healthy and active without a lot of strain on the body.
- Members of the Middle-Eastern and Central Asian communities interested in learning dance from their culture
- “Hannah Romanowsky is the Real Deal. A gorgeous woman and dancer in her own right. And she’s a gifted teacher, breaking down complex movements and responding clearly to questions. She’s a cultural diva, having traveled through many countries along the Silk Road and learned the mysteries, movements and dances. She loves sharing the wealth of what she knows.” ~ Leslie L.
- “I first saw Hannah dance Persian style at a party and was immediately in awe of her self-possessed beauty that comes through her style of dance. I wanted to learn that! I had gone through a tough 18 months of sorrow and grief after loosing my partner of 15 years and mom within six months of each other. Hannah choreographed a Persian dance specifically for me that would help open my heart. And she helped mend my heart and soul through private lessons and learning her dance. I would recommend her to anyone at any time in their lives. Dancing with her has brought be such joy! You will have such fun with her!” ~Bianca